Welcome! This all about Me and my thoughts

Welcome,Welcome,Welcome!



This is all about Me and My thoughts;You might not agree with Everything,I might write but You can always send me an Email. Expressing what you liked and What you didn't like or you can Comment on the Blog(You liked or Didnt like)


Your opinion are welcome




Popular Posts

Friday, September 13, 2013

Super Woman Is Not God's Goal for You written by Hannah Lannigan.

This post was written by Hannah Lannigan.
I wanted to be the perfect wife, the perfect mom, the perfect woman because I wanted everyone to like me and no one to be able to find fault with me. But I discovered . . .
Do you find yourself striving to be perfect? A June Cleaver, your favorite Christian speaker, and Martha Stewart all rolled into one? Maybe you're OCD (or, in alphabetical order, CDO). Or maybe you simply desire to be a "well-rounded person."
But have you paused to ask yourself Why? Why are you OCD? Why are you a perfectionist? Why do you want to be a well-rounded person?
Personally, I wanted to be the perfect wife, the perfect mom, the perfect woman because I wanted everyone to like me and no one to be able to find fault with me.
But I discovered:
  1. that perfect woman doesn't exist!
  2. that's not God"s goal for me. His goal is not that I become this self-made perfect woman in whom no one can find fault and has no need for grace. His goal is that I become like Jesus—and not everyone thought well of Jesus . . .
Ultimately, I was trying to create glory for myself by:
  • having a perfectly clean house (ha!)
  • raising a perfectly behaved son (No temper tantrums in the grocery store for my son. Yeah, right.)
  • being "Super Woman" (I thought I would prove myself on par or superior to my peers by making dinner from scratch every night, discipling students from my church, and creating my own "Martha Stewart" projects.)
But what is worse is that I was trying to steal God's place and erase His picture of grace in my life. Because with the perfect image of self as my god, there was no room for grace. My definition of failure equaled "not perfect." So literally, the mantra of failure, failure, failure rather than grace, grace, grace washed over my heart daily.
Does any of this sound familiar? If so, I encourage you to join me at the cross and make this prayer your own:
Father, thank You that You are a God of grace. I'm sorry for stealing Your glory and trying to erase my need for Your grace. I repent. I want to walk with You and become like Jesus—even if that means not everyone approves of me or understands me. Please help me accept Your grace with worship and gratitude. And help me accurately display Your glorious grace each moment of the day to those around me. Help me to hold myself to a standard of grace not perfection.



 http://www.truewoman.com/?id=2584